Advices for Parents
When should I see a pediatric dentist for an examination?
We recommend that you conduct a first appointment within 6 months after the appearance of the first deciduous teeth. That is, even before the baby turns 1 year old. It is very important that a child develops healthy oral habits early on, that she has a doctor friend in her environment, with whom she feels comfortable and visits often as a natural part of life, like games and entertainment.
If your baby is already a little older, he needs to be psychologically prepared for the first visit
- 1-2 days before the appointment, tell the child that you are going to the dentist (tooth fairy), who he (she) is, and what they will do (count the teeth, look at them with a mirror). Talk about it calmly, like a new game. Do not use difficult, incomprehensible words.
- Play at the dentist’s home, where you will be in the role of the patient. Instead of dental instruments, use hygienic sticks, a teaspoon, and a small mirror. Lie on the sofa, and let the baby examine your teeth with a spoon-mirror.
- Never scare a child with a dentist or any other doctor.
- Do not use the phrases “Don’t be afraid”, “it won’t hurt”, “it’s not at all scary”. A child who has not yet been to the dentist is not afraid of him, does not know what pain and fear are in the dental chair, and such phrases are perceived by her without a “not” particle and subconsciously adjusts what will be painful and scary.
- Talking about specific procedures is also not necessary (for example, anesthesia, filling, tooth extraction). The dentist himself will tell the necessary information to the child during the visit. Say that the doctor will see what their beautiful teeth are, count and clean them.
- Call your child a dentist by name, not an aunt.
- Make an appointment at such a time of day when the child has slept, full and satisfied.
- The first time parents should come to the reception, not relatives or caretakers, who may not know the child’s health history (for example, allergies). If the mother is afraid of the dentist, or if she begins to worry about the baby, then these experiences are transmitted to the child.
- Make up a story, a tooth fairy has sent you a letter (especially if you have a girl), and invites you to your kingdom to play, that she has prepared a gift for your baby, because she saw what beautiful teeth she has (or something like that, here already a matter of your imagination).
- If you have a boy and he doesn’t like fairy stories, tell him that this doctor was visited by his favorite fairy-tale hero or character of his favorite cartoon, and left a gift for him.
- If you see that there is a carious cavity, then tell him a fairy tale that a microbe or a worm or a carious monster has settled in the tooth, which needs to be kicked out, and cover its mink with plasticine so that it does not climb back.
- In the office, try not to interrupt the doctor when he is talking with the child, not to be responsible for the child. The doctor at the end will answer all the questions of the parents.
- Replace the usual words for the dentist with others:
– injection = spray with water, freeze a clove so as not to hurt;
– tip and burs = a bee that buzzes and expels the worm from the tooth;
– put a seal = fill up the mink of the worm with chewing gum.
- To tell the baby that if he is polite, he will let you count the cloves and look at them with a mirror, then he will receive a gift.
If you go to the dentist when the tooth already hurts, then in addition to the above recommendations:
- It is worth telling a fairy tale, when the worm ate a clove, inherited in it, and the doctor saves it, sprinkles some water so that the clove does not hurt, sweeps the mote and closes the mink with special chewing gum. That is, the doctor acts as a super hero who saves a bad tooth.
- Do not deceive the child that it will not hurt, it is better to say that it will be a little unpleasant, but tolerable. To convince the baby that even if he gets a little sick, he can withstand everything.
Services for the youngest patients
Children like us so much that they are happy to come to see a pediatric dentist.
Was at the reception, was examined and treated. Good service, treatment, staff attitude, quality equipment. It feels like professionals are working. I will advise this center to a friend.
«Happy New Year and upcoming Christmas holidays»
From the lifeguard Igor Biskup
I sincerely congratulate the whole team of the Clinic "Center for Practical Dentistry" on the New Year and the coming Christmas holidays! Peace and harmony in your families, new beginnings in 2016, good mood, happiness, love and prosperity and let everything you think and dreams come true.
«Survey on very modern equipment»
Examination and treatment in dentistry. I really liked everything. Very modern equipment, staff and doctors are serviced at a highly professional level. Good luck.
«Wish you to always progress, and heath for all!»
Iryna from California
It was a great pleasure to be a patient in such beautiful clinic. You have very comfortable and pleasant atmosphere, which makes you want to come back. All doctors and personnel are extremely friendly. Thank you very much for such wonderful experience. I advise everyone to visit this professional and upscale dentistry. Wish you to always progress, and heath for all!
«The level of service and patient attention is extremely high»
I first visited the Dental Practice Center a week ago because it was related to a non-healing operation. Thanks to the staff of the Center everything went easy and painless, the level of services and attention to the patient is extremely high. I would like to wish the Center to continue to do so. And if necessary - to come more. With best regards.
«Pleasantly amazed by modern treatment technology»
Quite by accident, I got into this institution to put a seal. I was just pleasantly shocked by the professional approach to the process. Pleasantly striking modern treatment methodology. Many thanks to Dr. Oleg Gavinsky for his sensitivity, hard work and professionalism. It can be seen that the man is in his place and loves his robot very much. Also many thanks to all the staff for their attentiveness, courtesy and understanding.
«We will bring out even less son later»
We go to Oksana, very satisfied (especially the baby). Good treatment, good attitude to the child. Oksana Sergeevna is a wonderful specialist, a very nice doctor, I want to come again. We are very pleased, we will go to Oksana Sergiyivna and we will bring an even smaller son later. I will recommend the Center for Practical Dentistry to everyone.
«Thank you very much for your good relations and quality work»
Dear doctors of the clinic "Center of Practical Dentistry" sincerely thank you good relations and quality work. To make your work satisfactory for clients. May you be happy.
Videos from customers
Specialists of the clinicView all specialists
Physician therapist and endodontist
Implant surgeon doctor
Any questions left?
Enter your contact information and time for a call and our administrator will call you at a convenient time for you!